Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cupcake Hero

I have followed the monthly Cupcake Hero challenges for a few months. They have always been awesome, and the recipes and ideas have been intimidating. I haven’t felt up to the challenge. But I think it is time that I submit my creations to the challenges. A bit of info on Cupcake Hero – they offer up a monthly challenge of who can be the most creative and make a tasty cupcake using a certain ingredient. For example last months “secret ingredient” was cocoa. A previous month was limes – the winner was a cherry lime rickey cupcake – YUM!

Onto this months challenge… MELON! Melon is not one of my favourite flavours. I am not a big watermelon eater in the summer. I do enjoy honeydew or cantelope in my fruit salad, but I wouldn’t say that I go out of my way to eat it. So this is going to be quite a challenge for me. Melon. Hmmm…. Any suggestions? Maybe bake a cupcake with a drink recipe? I just made some cosmo cupcakes which were really yummy, so what drinks use melon schnapps or liquor?
Please let me know what you think and what ideas you might have.

Love Big, Bake Often

1 comment:

April said...

I think this is what makes challenges so fun, it really makes you think, and see what you can come up with. Good Luck!