Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Cupcakes and Breakfast

I had every intention of making some fancy dancy cupcakes for Jason for Dad Day. But it just didn't happen. So we made a boxed mix! :( Shame, shame. I did make them better by filling them with homemade caramel and topping them with some yummy vanilla frosting. And Jason loved them.

Caramel - Heat one can of sweetened condensed milk over a double boiler, stirring frequently until it thickens and takes on a caramel colour (1 hour, approx.). Simple and yummy. I have whipped in 1 cup of peanut butter to make a peanut butter caramel to fill chocolate cupcakes and it was divine!





Jakob and I also made pancakes for Daddy and topped them with fresh strawberries and freshly made whipped cream. Daddy was impressed and full! I then sent them off to work off breakfast at Bounce U. It was Jason's first time there and he had so much fun. They came home sweaty and tired - naps for both.

No comments: