Monday, June 23, 2008

Raspberry Lemon Ricotta Cupcakes

So Sunday I had a desire to make some more cupcakes, which was odd since I spent all day Saturday making the chocolate orange ones. So I made a recipe that I saw from quirky cupcake (slush.wordpress.com). Ricotta and Fresh Raspberry Cupcakes. But I added some lemon zest to the ricotta batter. These came out nice and dense, and the raspberries are tart and delicious. I think they are more of a breakfast cupcake. I could eat many, many of these in the morning. So I took some to friends so that I wouldn’t be tempted to eat them all.
Here’s the recipe for those that might be interested in trying them.

Ricotta and Raspberry Cupcakes

1 cup ricotta
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Separate egg whites from yolks. Beat yolks with sugar then add ricotta. Beat until smooth. Add flour. Then add the lemon zest. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff. When stiff, fold delicately into the ricotta batter. Fill cupcake pan 2/3 full. Push in 3 raspberries into each cupcake.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.


After pushing in the raspberries to be baked:



Don't they look pretty?



The finished product:



I am definitely going to make these again, and experiment with different fruit. And I am so going to have a couple for breakfast!
Have a good baking day!

Love Big, Bake Often.

No comments: